Calling all new College of Human Sciences students for 2018-2019 to apply for The PETE Project! New students at OSU in the College of Human Sciences have a living learning community housing option. This community, named The PETE Project, is in traditional style living on the first floor of the West Commons building, the newest student housing on campus.
New students at OSU majoring in a degree offered in the College of Human Sciences can apply. Participants say that The PETE Project was one of the best decisions of their first year at OSU. The PETE Project provides many experiences and creates benefits for students that can be useful well after graduation.
- Experiences that form instant bonds at the beginning of the year
- Several people you know before classes begin that will be in your courses
- A sense of family at OSU
- Encouragement, support and the resources to succeed at OSU
- Formal leadership opportunities within the group and involvement in student organizations
- Service learning and volunteering experiences
- Instant connections and friendships within your major and academic college
- Easy to form study groups for your classes
- Access to mentors that can answer your questions at any time
- A group GPA almost one point higher on a 4.0 scale than the average freshman on campus due to an atmosphere of help and encouragement
- Future leaders at OSU and within the College of Human Sciences
- Confident and resourceful students
- The group consists of 35 students and 3 Student Academic Mentors
- Almost 50% of our group is from out-of-state
- Located on the 1st floor of West Commons with a 24-hour service desk for easy assistance
- Access to a full size kitchen on our floor and located next to several dining options
- Declare a major in the College of Human Sciences
- Complete the Residential Life housing application
- Complete The PETE Project application in your undergraduate admissions portal
Selection & Cost:
Students will be selected on a rolling basis beginning in late January. If you are interested, you should apply! After selection, there is an $85 program fee.
For more information please contact Scott King in the College of Human Sciences at Oklahoma State University at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 405-744-9386.